Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wingnut Zinfandel


I love, love, love California Zinfandels. I was seriously craving one as I visited with my friend at the Elusive Grape in historic downtown Deland, FL a few evenings ago. I chose the Wingnut Zinfandel (2006) from Napa County (retails between $10 and $15). The owner of the wine shop, Bill, said, "Really, you haven't tried this yet?! I thought for sure you had; it's great." If I had tried it before, I definitely would have remembered. Dark, rich, bold, fruit-forward with spice. The back of the bottle is great, it reads: "Draw your own lines. Stand out in the crowd. We Wingnuts settle for nothing but the extraordinary. True to its muse, this Zinfandel is full-on in every way, arousing all the senses. It pairs well with bold living. Hang on!"

No comments: